A blue slip is a full inspection of your entire vehicle and its many components checking for leaks, loose bolts, unsafe modifications, that your braking system is in working order and that all components of the vehicle adhere to the standards outlined by the Roads & Maritime Authority. When a blue slip inspection is performed the mechanic must also look at all identification and modification plates and reference the vehicle’s previous registration documents (if applicable) to ensure the car has not been stolen or re-badged.
The team at Northern Beaches Automotive can perform a blue slip inspection while you wait, ensuring that your vehicle is in perfect shape for registration and tackling Sydney’s roads.
A blue slip is required in the following circumstances:
• If the vehicle is being sold without registration,
• If the vehicle has been unregistered for more than 3 months,
• If the vehicle is being re-registered interstate,
• If the vehicle is being imported from another country,
• If the vehicle has been defected by the police.
The blue slip is only valid until 40 days after it is issued, so the vehicle will need to be registered within this period.
A pink slip is essentially an annual safety check that is performed by a mechanic in order to register a vehicle. Our mechanic will look over your vehicle, inspecting and testing the brakes, lights, tyres and ensuring the vehicle has no major mechanical problems affecting the vehicles safety.
A pink slip is required in the following circumstances:
• If the vehicle is more than 5 years old and in need of registration,
• If the vehicle needs to be registered and the registration has not lapsed more than 3 months.
Once the pink slip has been issued our mechanic will lodge it with the RMS so that you can register your vehicle online or in person at the RMS. The pink slip is only valid until 30 days after it is issued, so the vehicle will need to be registered within this period.